Only for “working royals”: Harry and Meghan unloaded from the state reception
The contents in the “archives” were created and posted by the previous owners of this website. We are not responsible for any misleading or incorrect content that is posted here.
Only for “working royals”
Harry and Meghan unloaded at the state reception
17/09/2022, 13:31 hrs
Numerous international guests travel to London for the Queen’s funeral. Harry and Meghan should also be at the reception initially. Later, however, the couple will be unloaded again, the media report. In addition, another problem causes a dispute with King Charles III.
Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan have reportedly not been invited to a state reception at Buckingham Palace. According to the Daily Mail, the couple should have received an invitation to the event earlier this week. It has now been withdrawn as palace officials are said to have insisted that only working royals be allowed to attend the state reception. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had retired as such in the spring of 2020.
On Sunday evening King Charles III. and Queen Camilla at Buckingham Palace, government leaders such as US President Joe Biden, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and French President Emmanuel Macron, as well as international royals. In total, about 500 guests who have traveled to London for Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral, which will take place on Monday, are expected to attend the reception. Besides King Charles III. and Queen Camilla are also expected to attend the reception with Prince William, Princess Kate and Princess Anne, as well as Prince Edward and Sophie of Wessex.
No titles for Archie and Lilibet
There must also be issues about the possible titles of Harry’s and Megan’s children. Three-year-old Archie and one-year-old Lilibet would be about to become prince and princess. But as “The Sun” reported, for the two of them there is King Charles III. apparently not HRH status. HRH is short for His/Hare Royal Highness, a title used for some members of the British Royal Family.
Harry and Meghan have themselves relinquished their HRH titles since stepping down as senior royals and moving to California in early 2020. The new discussion could now focus on the safety of the Sussexes and their children. The protections for high-ranking royals apparently no longer apply to them in the UK. Prince Harry fights for more safety for his family.
A source told The Sun: “Harry and Meghan were concerned about the security issue and as prince and princess they are entitled to a measure of royal security.” According to the “Sun”, the two are said to be “angry” that “Archie and Lilibet can’t use the title HRH”. Even her argument that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie bear the title of HRH even though they are not royal members couldn’t make Charles change his mind.